Many years ago I did some blog posts called Meet the Models, which gave our customers a chance to know a little bit more about the girls that modeled our designs. We are no longer producing our clothing line, and two of the girls have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, but I thought it would be fun to do this again, giving our new fans a peek at the adorable ones we still have.
First up is Miss Shimmer!
Shimmer will be 12 years old next month, but is still such a puppy at heart. She lived her first few years with Liz Moore of Diadem Chihuahuas, coming to our home a year after we got Stormie. When Liz decided to re-home Shimmer, she contacted me and we tried to think of a good excuse for us to bring another little Diva into our home. We finally settled on the fact that the dark colored clothing designs would show up on Shimmer much better than they did on Stormie, whose coat was black. It was a stretch, but it worked and Shawn fell for it. Hahaha. I don't really think he 'falls' for anything. I just think he's the greatest husband on the planet!
Shimmer's personality is so fun. She's a very happy little dog, but mostly only shows that for the family. When visitors come, Shimmer likes to be in the room, but won't let people pet her. She is absolutely a mama's girl.
When Shimmer wags her tail, it spins in circles, making her look like she is ready to take off! When she is excited she will sneeze/snort like crazy. The more you make a similar sound, the more she will do her 'sneezing'. It's pretty funny. I'm not sure what is the most fun: watching Shimmer do the sneezing, or watching me do it with her!
When Shimmer wags her tail, it spins in circles, making her look like she is ready to take off! When she is excited she will sneeze/snort like crazy. The more you make a similar sound, the more she will do her 'sneezing'. It's pretty funny. I'm not sure what is the most fun: watching Shimmer do the sneezing, or watching me do it with her!
Shimmer has the yummiest, softest coat of all the Chihuahuas we have had. I could just sit and snuggle and pet her all day long. She is predominately white in color and when she is out in the sun, she does literally shimmer.
When we had all four dogs Shimmer was not one to get into the mix and play, but now that it is just Cooper and her, there is a lot of playing that goes on. The zoomies are the best part. She will come running up to me and I will scratch/tickle her on her rump. As soon as I stop, she takes off, zooming all over the house or yard. Then she comes running back for me to do it again. She and Cooper run and play together quite a bit too.
She is a bit of a hoarder. She doesn't ever really chew on toys or chew sticks, but she will take anything she finds and bury it under the blanket in her crate. It can be a dog toy, a baby toy, or pretty much anything she finds on the floor. Whenever we are looking for a missing item, we always check her crate!
When we had all four dogs Shimmer was not one to get into the mix and play, but now that it is just Cooper and her, there is a lot of playing that goes on. The zoomies are the best part. She will come running up to me and I will scratch/tickle her on her rump. As soon as I stop, she takes off, zooming all over the house or yard. Then she comes running back for me to do it again. She and Cooper run and play together quite a bit too.
She is a bit of a hoarder. She doesn't ever really chew on toys or chew sticks, but she will take anything she finds and bury it under the blanket in her crate. It can be a dog toy, a baby toy, or pretty much anything she finds on the floor. Whenever we are looking for a missing item, we always check her crate!
Shimmer is our little sun worshipper. She will find a patch of sun whenever she can and plop down in it. She loves to be outside! Whether it's raining, snowing, or sunny, she will dash out the door and race all over the yard. She bounds like a little deer, with her feet barely touching the ground. She exudes sheer joy and it is a delight to watch her. She has slowed down a bit over the years, but she still bounds all over the yard, tail wagging the entire time.
Shimmer has a fun talent - she smiles!! She is always tipping her little head up at me and smiling. It is just so perfect and goes right along with her sweet, happy personality.
She really only has one bad trait -- she cannot hold her licker! Oh my goodness, that dog will lick every surface of the house if she could. When she gets up on the couch with me, before she settles in to snuggle, she has to lay there and lick the couch. Yuck! I am constantly making her stop as I don't want the furniture to smell like dog breath!
Shimmer did have some puppies before she came to live with us. In the pictures I have seen of them, they look just like her. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a reunion for Shimmer and her pups.
So, that is our Sweet Shimmer. I think she is pretty happy to be retired from the modeling career, as it was never her favorite thing to do, but the treats made it worth it! She always did a pretty good job though, don't you think?
She really only has one bad trait -- she cannot hold her licker! Oh my goodness, that dog will lick every surface of the house if she could. When she gets up on the couch with me, before she settles in to snuggle, she has to lay there and lick the couch. Yuck! I am constantly making her stop as I don't want the furniture to smell like dog breath!
Shimmer did have some puppies before she came to live with us. In the pictures I have seen of them, they look just like her. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have a reunion for Shimmer and her pups.
So, that is our Sweet Shimmer. I think she is pretty happy to be retired from the modeling career, as it was never her favorite thing to do, but the treats made it worth it! She always did a pretty good job though, don't you think?


This blog is written so nice. It makes you want to read more and more about those so cute and sweet dogs. Thanks for posting. Keep sharing more. Also amazing pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteDebbie
Thank you Debbie! I will be posting more soon.
Delete