So, to satisfy the requests, today I am showing you our doggie drawers, located in the kitchen.

They are located behind this door. This area of our kitchen was once a built-in desk, with open space underneath. I wish I had a before picture to show you, but I do not :( And yes, that is more evidence of Cooper's chewing that you can see on the left.
Shawn, the wonder-guy built this cabinet, as well as located our trash compactor in this space and it is much better used. Boy, we love that guy.

There are three drawers inside. They are built of double-sided melamine, which makes them super easy to wipe down and keep clean. The top one holds potatoes, onions, etc. I didn't bother to show that one.

There are three drawers inside. They are built of double-sided melamine, which makes them super easy to wipe down and keep clean. The top one holds potatoes, onions, etc. I didn't bother to show that one.
The second drawer holds the large bag of dogfood that we buy. I purchase the large size, for even with the small amount they eat at each meal (please observe the tiny measuring cup), there are 4 of them eating twice a day, so we go through it fast enough that I don't worry about it going stale or spoiling.

The bottom drawer is divided into two sections. In the front is where I keep the dog treats and Cocotherapy coconut chips. In the back is where I keep other small items that I often need for the dogs, such as their vitamins, their toothbrushes, tooth spray, etc. I just purchased some small baskets to organize them in a neater fashion.

The bottom drawer is divided into two sections. In the front is where I keep the dog treats and Cocotherapy coconut chips. In the back is where I keep other small items that I often need for the dogs, such as their vitamins, their toothbrushes, tooth spray, etc. I just purchased some small baskets to organize them in a neater fashion.

There, you have it. I used to have the food in the bottom drawer, as I had something else in the middle drawer. The problem was that Cooper would literally climb into the drawer as I was filling the dog bowls and rapidly scarf down as much as he could get. The girls would looked horrified at such boyish behavior, but in reality you could tell they were just jealous that they hadn't thought of it themselves.
This system works much better at keeping the little chow hound out of the drawer.
Disclaimer note: Shawn the wonder-guy is rather perturbed with me for taking the photos and posting this before he had the chance to finish all the drawers with the white edge banding that you see on the bottom drawer. I figured it might just give him the motivation to hurry up and do it. Hehehe. Such evilness.
One other note: if any of you bloggers know how I can fix the problem with the wide gaps between my paragraphs, I would greatly appreciate you sharing that with me. It will not show up that way in the preview, but as soon as I publish, this is how it ends up. I have looked everywhere for a solution and am getting a little exasperated!
These drawers are good for the storage of pet foods and have very nicely designed. I think that it’s very important for pet owners.
ReplyDelete