Harnesses are definitely becoming more popular with dog owners, particularly ones who have the smaller breeds. When a dog is wearing a harness, the risk of damaging the windpipe or throat is eliminated. I also like the safety feature of being able to 'reel' my dog up into my arms quickly if there is a threat from another dog. I would never want to jerk my dog up quickly if the leash was attached to a collar around their neck for fear of damaging their throat.
So, for today's Friday Favorite, I would like to share my two favorite brands of harnesses.
Chihuahuas in particular are very tiny when they are puppies. It is always a challenge to find a harness that fits their little bodies, yet you want to start leash training them early. I have found the Li'l Pals brand to be the perfect fit. Yes, this is the same brand as the grooming tools that I love. They just make great items for these tiny pups!
Here is Tallie, who still fits into her original Li'l Pals harness, although it is a tight fit now.
I have been able to find these harnesses (and they have very narrow, lightweight leashes also!) at a few local pet shops, but Amazon is always a great source. Their price is very reasonable, which is nice as it is often a temporary harness if your dog outgrows it.
The color options of the Li'l Pals harnesses are limited, but you can usually find one that you like. These harnesses are constructed of lightweight mesh, which I like for it's breatheability factor, which is nice for not overheating your dog. They fit nicely underneath a shirt or jacket also. They wash nicely and maintain their shape and do not fade. They come in only one size, which isn't always convenient, but has worked ok for my needs with puppies.
My very favorite harness, hands down, is the Puppia brand. All my adult dogs have Puppia brand harnesses, with spoiled Miss Tallie having quite the vast collection. Her very first one was the pink polka dot design. She wore it at her first public appearance last year and received so many compliments, although it was still just a little big on her.
The Puppia harnesses come in soooo many varieties and colors and fabrics. They are extremely well made and very easy to slip on and off your dog, yet when buckled on, are pretty near impossible for your dog to wiggle out of. They are adjustable, which makes it easier to get a snug fit for your pup.
The Vivien design of the Puppia harness is our current favorite for Tallie.
Aren't these just adorable????
I have found it difficult to find this brand at any pet shops in our area, so once again, I turn to Amazon. Puppia does have a fabulous website, which you can find here. However, they only sell wholesale to businesses. But, I love to peruse the site to see what new items they have and then seek them out on Amazon, if I cannot find them in any of my local stores.
Depending on the style, they come in sizes XS through XL.
While I personally prefer the narrower harnesses, they also offer a style that is more vest like, such as this:
Lest you think that all of their harnesses are for girls only, rest assured that there are plenty of options for the boys too.
I currently have my eye on their line of holiday harnesses. Sooo cute!! Complete with a warm, snuggly lining!
The Puppia brand of harnesses are more spendy than the Li'l Pals, but I definitely feel that they are worth the expense. Many of their designs have matching leashes also. They wash nicely, retaining their shape and quality.
So, there you have it, my harness picks for this Friday Favorites post.
***Please note that I receive no compensation for my Friday Favorite posts. I am simply sharing my personal favorite items and do not receive any free items, nor monetary compensation. I will always make it very clear in any review if that is the case.***







No comments:
Post a Comment