
Dogs love us. That is a universally well known fact. They don't care what we look like, or how much money we make. Their devotion to us is one of the attributes of dogs that make them so popular.
I have raised six children to adulthood and the road has not always been easy. When they were young, they adored me as their mom. As they have all gone through the teen age years, they have had less than adoring feelings for me. They have argued, lied, and a few of them have even called me some not so nice names. But, we have come through it and as adults we are all doing just fine.
My dogs just adore me. Can't live without me, even for a few minutes. Or so it would seem.
We have a french door with glass panels at my sewing room. We are usually in the room together all day, sewing away, taking breaks to play, etc. We keep the door closed to prevent the 'dreaded Bonnie' from coming in. The girls are very possessive of this room and it's contents. They can't stand when Bonnie comes in and takes their toys or chewies. Once she has chewed on something of theirs, they won't have anything to do with it ever again.
I think I have raised snobs, but we'll discuss that at another time.
When I leave the room for a few minutes, I will usually close the door and keep them in the room. This picture shows how they anxiously await my return. Too bad it isn't video, because then you could hear Breezy. She makes the most pathetic crying noises, like her heart is breaking into a million pieces because I'm not in there with them. If it takes more than a few minutes to accomplish my task and return, she gets louder.
Then when I come back into the room, they all spin circles and jump around like they haven't seen me for weeks. I really don't get that kind of reaction from anyone else I know.
Dogs are so great for our egos, don't you think..??
No comments:
Post a Comment