Welcome to Cody and Company Pets


This blog features the adventures and thoughts of my life with our little Chihuahuas. Life is certainly never dull when you have such cuties to spoil and enjoy life with!






Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yuck!


I love dogs, really I do. But sometimes, I just don't understand why they do yucky things. Like eat their poop. Or the cat poop.

Or drink out of the toilet. Okay, my girls aren't big enough to do that, but Carson the Collie does it sometimes.

Today I am thinking about the gross things they will roll in or on.

Now that the rains have returned, they have brought with them Stormie's one really gross vice that drives me crazy.

She likes to roll on worms.

How disgusting is that?!?!?
Look at that princess, how could she have such a vile little habit?!?!?!

I know the little diva is not going to be happy that I am divulging this dirty little secret, but there it is. Worms. Slimy, disgusting things. When it rains hard like it has been here the last several days, they seem to take refuge from the floods by coming out of the grass and hanging out at the edge of the patio. Right where we head out for potty breaks. If I don't watch her like a hawk and cut her off the moment it looks like she's found one, before I know it she is rolling on it. Then I am stuck with the job of cleaning her to get the yucky sliminess off of her.

I get lulled into a false sense of security over the summer when we don't see many worms out and about, and tend to forget about this nasty little habit of hers. But, now, with predictions of a long, wetter than average winter for our area, I think I am going to become a little bonkers trying to keep her away from worms.


Love ya, Stormie!


1 comment: