Like most of the nation, we have been having some pretty hot weather, which wreaks havoc with my flowers and shrubs. I love Hydrangeas, but they sure don't like the heat.
Everything was needing a good 'haircut', or 'deadheading', which is the official gardening term. Haircut just seems like a friendlier word.
This morning was overcast and very cool, so the girls and I headed out to do some work.
They love it when I go out to work in the yard. They get much more time to sniff around and check out what's new than when we just go out for a potty break. They aren't too terribly interested in what I am doing, they just let me go at it.
Not so much the Golden Retriever that joined us mid way through the task.
Bonnie was fascinated with the fact that Grandma was plucking at the flowers. She would just sit there and watch me. You could see the gears in her head going: "humph....whenever I bite at the flowers or dig holes in the dirt, I get in trouble. What's up with this..?!?!"
I told her "Membership has it's privileges" and continued to trim dead flowers and place them in the bucket. I turn around, thinking my task is all done, only to find out that Bonnie has been taking them OUT of the bucket and has them strewn all over the deck.
(Insert heavy sigh right here.)
Bonnie, it is time for your Dad to get up, I don't care what time he got home from working swing shift last night.
With Bonnie back with her Dad, the deck swept up (thank you Hannah), I went to sit for a few minutes in the swing with the girls.
They just look adoringly at me as if to say:
"Pretty nice that we can't even reach inside the bucket, much less mess everything up, huh Mom?"
Yes girls, indeed it is.
That's my Bonnie girl. I really honestly think she was helping her grandma!! :)
ReplyDelete