We all have our fears. For some, it is going back in the water after watching Jaws. For others it is the dark, with all of it's shadows and creepy noises. For still others, it is looking over the edge of tall locations.
We all have them, just some are more obvious than others. Some are more strange than others.
But, what about our dogs? Do they have strange fears?
I recently discovered something that Stormie is terrified of. I am talking terrified. To the point of hiding in a corner, shaking like a leaf and almost inconsolable until you remove the object of her fear.
What could this be that would strike terror in the heart of such a normally courageous Chihuahua?
The common, everyday.....housefly.
I don't know what event has suddenly turned these tiny little pests into such a threatening terror to her, but whatever it was, it has sure done a number on her.
She can hear their little buzz and knows there is one in the vicinity long before I realize it. When I see her crouched in a corner, cowering, with her ears back and her huge eyes pleading with me to stop the raging beast, I know that her number one enemy has made it into the house.
Fortunately for Stormie, I detest flies in my house and will not tolerate them for long.
She seems to know when I have killed the offender, for as soon as it is gone, she comes out of her corner, happy as ever, all fears forgotten until the next time.
It's so nice to be needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment