
I have to admit, that as much as I love my tiny dogs, they are not easy to potty when the weather changes to nasty. Having had big dogs for many years that didn't mind the rain and would still go out and do their business with no fuss over some wet grass, it has been an adjustment to dogs who think the world is coming to an end because of a little drizzle.
Now, in their defense, they are a lot closer to the ground. When the grass gets a little long and is wet and cold, it is probably not the most pleasant experience to go out and squat in it. I will give them that. I, for one, am very grateful for indoor plumbing, if you know what I mean.
But, when they stop at the edge of the covered patio and start squinting and shivering, I get a little perturbed. My attitude is get out, get it done, and get back in. Their attitude is "I think I can hold it a little longer, thank you."
So, we are trying new raincoats this year. Getting three little ones into their raingear takes longer than the amount of time they will probably spend out there doing their duty, but I am willing to do it if it helps to relieve their 'stress' about going out in the rain. Shawn has promised to keep the grass mowed, even in the rain. He must be sincere, because he is out doing that very thing right now, in the rain!
So, girls, you had better appreciate your dad who makes life more comfortable for you and your mom who bought you such cute jackets!
Life is good for the girls of Cody and Company.

No comments:
Post a Comment