Welcome to Cody and Company Pets


This blog features the adventures and thoughts of my life with our little Chihuahuas. Life is certainly never dull when you have such cuties to spoil and enjoy life with!






Thursday, August 26, 2010

Corraling It All In


I'm not sure if it is years of getting kids ready to head back to school, or if it's knowing that winter is coming and I will be inside more, or if thinking about getting a new puppy has given me the nesting syndrome, but whatever it is, I went on a major organizing flurry recently.

A few months ago I shared with you the dresser that I kept the girls' clothes in. It was a really neat dresser that had belonged to my husband's grandmother. I still love it dearly, but it wasn't really handling the girls' many, MANY clothes in a very efficient manner, so I decided to do some research.

This happens to be the perfect time, by the way, if you are interested in making this kind of change. All the major department stores are having great sales on closet organization stuff as kids head off to college dorms. So, I scored pretty good. I purchased all of this at Target for a total of $65.



I started with a Closet Maid organizer. It came with two shelves, but I didn't use those. Instead I also purchased two small cafe rods (found in the drapery/curtain section). This created the perfect closet for the dresses and shirts. But, it sat kind of low, so I also purchased the two drawer organizer to go under it. This holds the sweaters and jackets. I don't have as many of those, so they fit in the drawers just fine.
I need to insert here a big thank you and a hug to my sweet Shawn for assembling it all for me :)



I have to admit that when I got done and my husband saw all this he went "wow!" What do you expect dear? Their mother is a clothing designer, they are going to have a lot of clothes.
This still left me with all the rest of the STUFF. You know, the miscellaneous important things that you have for your dog, but never know where to put it. I debated this for a while, then went with two of the stacking organizers. We stuck them together with double sided sticky tape, just to keep them from sliding around as I get into the drawers. It works perfectly.



I have all their collars in the top drawer. Yes, that really is a drawer full of collars from Crazy for Collars. Okay, so I have an addiction. The next drawer is leashes, including the flexi-leashes. Next is all their harnesses, as well as hats and sunglasses.
You know, the problem really is having everything in triplicate....
The next drawer is the travel stuff, such as the little on-the-go bag, the bowls, as well as extra hangers. Next is the drawer with the life vests, as well as some larger travel bags, for when we need to travel with more. The bottom drawer holds the beach towels as well as the pop-up cabana.
I am happy with this as the drawers are deep and still have plenty of room for more. Yes, there will be more, it is inevitable.
I am very happy with how it all turned out, but am pretty sure that I am going to have to get another closet set. I can tell that this one is pretty full already, and the girls keep getting more outfits.
Plus, we always have to keep in mind that little boy that will be coming along one of these days. He's going to need his own closet.
Honey, grab the keys....we're heading to Target!


1 comment:

  1. Can you come to my house and get me organized, please--pretty please! All kidding aside, it looks fantastic Kelli! Tell Shawn and the girls that I just sent more collars to be added--you may need another drawer for them soon!

    ReplyDelete