Welcome to Cody and Company Pets


This blog features the adventures and thoughts of my life with our little Chihuahuas. Life is certainly never dull when you have such cuties to spoil and enjoy life with!






Friday, August 27, 2010

Doing Our Part to Be More Green

We are trying to become more 'green' here at the Giles household. We have diligently done our recycling for years, but I cannot honestly say that we have done much more than that.

I am trying to get better at taking my own reusable bags to the grocery store. That isn't a problem, really. The problem is remembering to take them out of the trunk and into the store with me. I remember them about the time I am checking out. But, I'm working on it, honest!

I recently received this adorable little reusable snack bag that has little Chihuahua faces on it (of course). It is called a SnackSleeve and it is made by a company called GreenSleeve.

Avoid using plastic baggies by putting your snacks in this reusable fabric nylon-lined SnackSleeve. The SnackSleeve has a French seam which is a self enclosed seam that contains the rough edge. The fabric will not fray. A healthy portion of velcro ensures that the contents of the bag will not escape. You can use a SnackSleeve for your snacks, baked goods, treats for your pet, sewing notions, makeup, etc.

You can see more SnackSleeves, as well as other reusable bags here. It is an Etsy shop and she is on vacation this week, but be sure to check back with her next week!

She also sells the patterns, so you could make them yourself and even give them as gifts (hint, hint. Christmas is coming FAST!)

The girls are thinking that ours should hold some treats for them, of course!

I have a few things in mind to use my little SnackSleeve for

1 comment: