Welcome to Cody and Company Pets


This blog features the adventures and thoughts of my life with our little Chihuahuas. Life is certainly never dull when you have such cuties to spoil and enjoy life with!






Saturday, August 21, 2010

"I Think We're Gonna Need a Bigger Lap"


For those of you too young to remember the movie JAWS, the title of today's blog won't mean anything to you. In the movie, the character played by Roy Schieder is out on a not very large boat helping to hunt down the killer shark. While throwing 'chump' overboard, the shark briefly surfaces and his character gets a really good view of how large the shark is. His comment is a classic and our family quotes it all the time: "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

So why am I quoting that movie?

As I seriously consider getting a little boy Chihuahua to add to our brood, the question comes up of how am I going to hold FOUR dogs in my lap? Three is already a pretty good armload.

And don't even get me started about when I sit on the couch and they all three vie for the top spot up on my chest, snuggling under my neck. Actually viewing what is on the television becomes a real challenge.
Shawn also reminds me that if I were to get a little boy, I could no longer refer to everyone as 'the girls'. Point taken, but I think he has an ulterior motive when he says stuff like that.
I will keep you posted as our search continues. I am always very particular about choosing my babies, I will just know the right one when I meet him.
And I will figure out the armload thing somehow.
I'm pretty determined that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment